Technical Writer (Internship)
Technical Writers prepare laboratory protocols, documents, and grants to pursue and secure federal funding for research and development.
The employee will gain exposure to these functional areas:
Technical writing; Literature review; Modern laboratory procedures; Professional development; Presentation skills.
· Use technology and accompanying software to acquire, compile, analyze, and report data.
· Design and execute complex experiments.
· Present findings to industry professionals at internal meetings and conferences.
· Troubleshoot errors in experimental design and data handling methods.
· Author and edit grants for the procurement of non-dilutive federal funding.
What skills the employee will learn:
· Analytical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities.
· Technical skills required to employ state of the art machinery, equipment, and procedures.
· Presentation and writing skills for highly specialized and technical work.
· Undergraduate degree in the life sciences. Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred.
· Some amount of work-related experience in laboratory settings.
· Strong reading comprehension, inductive reasoning, and attention to detail.
· Knowledge of biological, chemical, and mathematical systems related to the subject.
· Reading and writing proficiency of the English language.