Sustainability Specialist (Internship)
Sustainability Specialists design and enact company policies and programs to conserve energy and resources with a focus on limiting the environmental impact caused by operations.
The employee will gain exposure to these functional areas:
Formal writing; Literature review; Risk management; U.S. environmental policy; Professional development; Presentation skills; Corporate sustainability.
· Use technology and accompanying software to acquire, compile, analyze, and report findings.
· Present findings to peers at internal meetings and large conferences.
· Design and implement internal and external company policies.
· Work with management and staff to identify and manage sustainability risks.
What skills the employee will learn:
· Analytical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities.
· Sustainability and public relations strategies.
· Presentation and writing skills for highly specialized and technical work.
· High school diploma. Undergraduate degree, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. preferred.
· Some amount of work-related experience.
· Strong reading comprehension, inductive reasoning, and attention to detail.
· Knowledge of environmental and resource systems related to subject.
· Reading and writing proficiency of the English language.